Two Fruits

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 41 - Moving Time

Running - Year to Date

Distance:  3,270.75 kms in 41 weeks at ave   79.7 km ( down from 82.7 kms in week 39)

Last 2 weeks:  45.85 kms

Altitude:  81,373 metres in 41 weeks at ave  1,984 metres ( down from 2,044 metres in week 39)

Last 2 weeks:  1,650 metres

Two weeks ago we moved from our temporary living location at the local showgrounds as the annual show starts next week. The organisers need to clear out the motorhome part & spruce up the area ready for show patrons.
We moved to a caravan park at New Norfolk, a small country town about 20 kms away. We only needed to stay for a week as we waited for settlement & hand over for our new house to take place.
While out there, 2 short runs with only one of them having any vertical. The remaining days were either terrible weather or spent getting furniture moved in after 2-3 months being in storage.
Unpacking & getting organised at home will be an ongoing but slow process. No need to hurry after the basics of living have been found hidden in packing boxes.
I have entered Point to Pinnacle, a mountain run over 21 kms with 1250 metres of one way up hill coming up in four weeks time. This slack/rest/busy two weeks has been a bit of a setback, not unexpected, and I can't afford any more time off the hills.
I have done one check out run since moving in to our new home. A bit more flat road to get to the base of the hill than I have previously had to do. I found the start of the local fire trail after stopping to talk to a local. I ran just under one km to check it out, looks good at this stage. The local told me there are some trails closed to public use, but others are open. Apparently I could easily find 20 kms one way over a few peaks which will be just perfect. I'll need to take my map with me for the first couple of trips.
To stop boredom, I may travel once or twice a fortnight for variety for some hilly terrain plus mix up the usual flat quicker run. I'll find an oval or grassy park somewhere close as well for the occasional speed session.
It's going to take a while to get a routine but the main task is to be ready for P2P. Those dropping averages above need to get back above 80 kms & 2,000 metres asap.

2 Comments:

  • I'm sure you'll do well at P2P. Sounds like a great event. I've been keeping an eye on lane 5 at Calwell - both it and lane 6 have been far too soft and lush for faster running. Hope you can find something similar down there. Check out the local schools.

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 18, 2016 at 7:15 PM  

  • Coincidence you should mention Calwell. I have found a beaut small cricket ground just over 1 km from home. Although no running lanes, it's exactly 400 metres around the outside of the cricket area. Lane 6 would be outside the ground. The grass surface is near perfect as it has to be for cricket. Obviously can't go there on sat or Sunday but weekdays should be free. Right next to the Derwent River, quick dip may be before easy jog home.

    By Blogger Two Fruits, At October 19, 2016 at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home